1. Connect your Instagram Business accounts to your Facebook pages.
- Make sure all your Instagram accounts that you want to connect are Instagram Business accounts. Here’s how to switch from a Personal to a Business account (from Instagram Help Center)
- How to connect a Facebook Page and Instagram account (from Facebook Help Center)
- What happens when you connect your Facebook Page and Instagram account (from Facebook Help Center)
Please note: When Instagram Business Accounts are connected to Facebook pages, it could take up to 24h until they are available for posting in our Posts product.
2. Reconnect your Facebook account to PinMeTo
In order to reconnect your Facebook account, log in to PinMeTo, go to Account Settings – Connections, then click Change.
3. Navigate to Posts – Create Posts – Instagram
4. Fill in the required information for the post
Please have in mind that Instagram is very strict regarding the video requirements, and specifically the bitrate limit of 5 mbps and audio of 128 kbps.
Requirements for photos and videos:
- Maximum file size: 8MB
- Aspect ratio: Must be within a 4:5 to 1.91:1 range
- Minimum resolution: 150×150 (lower resolutions will be scaled up to the minimum)
- Maximum resolution: 1920×1080 (higher resolutions will be scaled down to the maximum)
- Formats: JPEG
- Container: MOV or MP4 (MPEG-4 Part 14), no edit lists, moov atom at the front of the file.
- Audio codec: AAC, 48khz sample rate maximum, 1 or 2 channels (mono or stereo).
- Video codec: HEVC or H264, progressive scan, closed GOP, 4:2:0 chroma subsampling.
- Frame rate: 23-60 FPS.
- Picture size:
– Maximum columns (horizontal pixels): 1920
– Minimum aspect ratio [cols / rows]: 4 / 5
– Maximum aspect ratio [cols / rows]: 16 / 9
- Video bitrate: VBR, 5Mbps maximum
- Audio bitrate: 128kbps
- Duration: 60 seconds maximum, 3 seconds minimum
- File size: 100MB maximum
- Video format has to be mp4 or mov
- Video has to be minimum 1080×720
- Video must be up to 15min long
- Video file must be less than 1000 MB
Softwares such as Adobe Premiere, Adobe Media Encoder, Final Cut Pro and DaVinci Resolve all have detailed settings to adapt the videos to IG requirements.
NOTE: It is possible to unschedule, reschedule, delete, or edit Instagram posts in Location Posts before they are published on the platform. Unfortunately, editing and deleting posts using our Posts product isn’t available after publishing at the moment due to Instagram restrictions. Therefore, please triple-check your content before publishing. If any edits or deletions are needed after publishing, they will have to be done manually through Instagram.
NOTE: It is not possible to post to Facebook and Instagram at the same time due to API restrictions.